Friday, March 20, 2009

Once Upon a Time : Rain

Yesterday I woke up to the sound of falling rain. Constantly I was transported back to the Kem Batalion 4 PPH. Back then, whenever it rained, me and my lil’ bro will be beggin’ ba and mak to let us ‘tolak parit’. Hehe… obviously, it was just an excuse to get out and play in the rain. After cleaning the drain for few seconds, we went and splashed ourselves in every ditch we can findand any other places where the rain pooled. Sometimes, my big bro joined us and we played football. As usual I will be the goalkeeper because I can’t tackle the ball. So I just waited patiently until the ball my bro tried to score. It was then I will plunge myself in any direction just so I can slide on the watery grass… lantak le ke bola tu nak gol ke tak. Janji boleh main hujuan. Hehe..it was such fun!!!

The most memorable rain in my life was in 1994 back in Briged Utara PGA. It was noon. Just got back from school. I was getting ready for Sekolah Agama Rakyat, which I am planning on skipping that day because I want to watch a Hindi movie. Hehe.. Cant remember what movie actually. I went inside my mom’s room to tell her (it was scary..takot siot nk mintak ponteng!). It was getting dark and windy outside. The wind kept on building and howling out there. From the window, I saw the trees were thrashing violently. Dengan hati yang berbunga2, told my mom ‘nak ribut, tak boleh p sekolah. Satgi kena panah kilat’.

Then we both went to the living room. It poured like crazy. The sound was deafening! I open the front door, the water level nearly reached the door level (the garage floor and the doorstep has like 6 inch gap). Mind you, my home was up on a hill! Then suddenly it sounded like a giant threw thousands of pebbles on the roof. My mom rushed outside then she yelled at me to come out. I flew out of my seat and went to her. It was ice!!! Pure, clear unblemished ice! It plummeted down on my house and that was causing such roaring noise! It was sooo alien to me and I was momentarily speechless. Then I grabbed the ice and began to play with them, washing my face and squeezing til they melted in my palms and putting ice into my mom’s t-shirt. Hehe…budak2 lagi mase tu OK! It was the talk of the school for weeks! But I had the greatest story coz the ice that rained around my home were bigger as I live up on the hill.. Hahaha.. so I am totally the coolest person around! Keke

Miss those times really...When we were still young and free with no worries except homeworks and basuh kasut skolah!

No comments:

Post a Comment